cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking Port Speed is 0K

pvanvuuren
Level 3
Level 3

Good day, has anybody seen UserTracking reporting Port speed as 0K on FastEthernet ports?

Our client has about 4500 devices, and after User Tracking has completed, it detects over 130 000 MAC/IP's. Over 800 of these shows port speed as 0K instead of 100MB. On further investigation, is appears that they are all ports on CAT3548-XL switches running 12.0.(5.3)WC(1) and 12.0.(5.1) XW. I am still looking for a bug related to this IOS, but haven't found any yet.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager? Wha does ifSpeed report for these interfaces?

Thank for replying Joe.

Its CM 5.2. LMS 3.2 running on Solaris. RME reports shows correct ifSpeed. Maybe I should try do a snmp walk on the ifspeed.

cheers.

Yes. If that reports correctly, run a new Campus Data Collection. When it completes, it will update the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/portsData.xml file with each access port on the switch. One of the XML attributes will be speed. If that gets updated correctly, a new UT acquisition will then fix the UT display problem.

Thanks, i will try that and see if it works.

Hi , can you assit me in the commands I need to use to do a snmp walk on that missing port speed information.

See , I suspect the agent on the switch with that specific IOS. And what MIB do i use ?

Thanks

You should walk ifSpeed and ifDescr from the SNMP Walk tool under Device Center.