Study material for CCIE Voice

Unanswered Question
Sep 22nd, 2009

I have another question. Apart from the CCVP books (which must now be very dated considering the exam syllabus is being updated), which books can I buy in order to prepare for my CCIE Voice exam?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Wilson Samuel Tue, 09/22/2009 - 05:57

Hi,

CCVP Books are pretty much still required, namely:

1. CVoice

2. CIPT 1 & 2

3. QoS

4. TUC (though some portions are not eligible)

Apart from that:

1. SRND for UCM 7.0

2. Features Guide 7.0 (For Call Barge, MA, Ext. Mobility et al)

3. UCM 7.0 Admin Guide

4. UCM 7.0 System Guide

And these are just for the UCM, apart from that you will need the guides for UCX, CCME, Unity Express, SIP.

These are the ones I'm referring to, and if you have something which I havent included please let me know that as well.

Good Lunk for your voyager.

Regards

Sam Wilson

James Hawkins Wed, 09/30/2009 - 14:28

The CCIE Voice written exam is very dated as it covers mainly CCM4.x and Unity. I passed it last week to recert my R&S CCIE. There is no point in studying CUCM 6/7, Presence etc. as it is not on the exam.

My suggestion would be to use the Cisco Press CCIE Voice Exam Quick Reference Sheets (Digital Short Cut)by Mark Lewis as the core of your study. If you know everything in that document you should just scrape a pass. For a comfortable score you will need to put some extra study (QoS and Unity were areas that I focussed on).

Link to document on Cisco Press site.

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587053330

Wilson Samuel Thu, 10/01/2009 - 05:17

Thanks Jamesha,

5 Points for the greatful works, I have been getting my head smashed wondering on all those OffTopics (Presence et al). Though I presume I have already got a firm grisp on the Unity and basic CCM issues (thanks to the CCVP and Unity Support Spl Exams)

Regards

Actions

This Discussion