cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing 4 digits

shariwilcox62
Level 1
Level 1

How can I restrict my users to only 4 digit dialing instead of the standard 7? If I use On-Net, I can do this however, the 9-911 is not functioning. How can I have it both ways? Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what do you mean??

In CUCM you configure the DNs on phones on anywhere else and that's what defines the possible destinations and dialing habits you want to enforce.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Let me explain. I have emergency phones on campus. All configured with CSS-Local. They must dial a 9 to get out, including 911. Here is what I want to do. Restrict the local calls to only our 4 digit internal phone numbers, keeping the 9-911 feature. I tried On Net, however I couldn't dial the 9-911. Local, the students can make local calls, this is not what we want on campus. Do I need to make a new dial pattern with On-Net to include the 9-911 feature? Sorry if this is confusing! Thanks,Shari

I assume you have route patterns to the PSTN, you should have them in another partition different to the internal phones.

So simply take out the route pattern partition from the phones's CSS and create a new partition for 911 route pattern and add it to the necessary CSS.

It's all CSS and partitions.

On-Net or off-net are used to define routing behaviors like CF internal/external and other stuff, not to determine if you can dial it or not.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for understanding and helping me out today...and pointing me in the right direction. Your kind words of help are most appreciated and well understood. Thanks java, Shari :)