Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 new install on Windows 2008

lpiccioli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I finished installing the eval version of LMS 3.2 on a new Windows 2008 server. I manually adjusted the Pagefile size and managed to get the services to start, as suggested elsewhere in this forum. I now manage to get the login screen, but once I enter the login credentials, IE responds with ' Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage '.

I get this from a client and from the server browser itself. Not sure where to go from here....

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Excellent, I guess you can mark this resolved.

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Can you post your pdshow output?

Thanks for your quick reply. Here is the output of the pdshow command.

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Are you trying to login via HTTP or HTTPS?

Can you try the one you did not use?

You dont even get an apache error on the page? such as HTTP 500 or something of that kind?

When I try http, it gives me the error I stated above. When I try https:// I get the following error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

I assume this is a windows install.

Did you run the installer from an administrator user on the machine?

Can you post the files:

Ciscoworks_install*.log from the root of the drive where ciscoworks is installed

Is there any integration with ACS for authentication?

Can you post the output of netstat -an in a file?

Hi,

Yes I ran the install file from my login that has Administrator priveleges on the server. Ther is no integration with ACS for authentication. Here are the two outputs you requested...

Thanks again!

When you say from the login that has admin privileges on the server, did you remote desktop to the server? If so did you use the /console? The user that installs LMS needs to be the local machine admin, not a network user with admin privileges.

There are some file permission errors on the install:

-----File Permissions Errors Protocol

Access is denied.

Access is denied.

Those messages could be harmless but I suspect you did not use a local admin user to install LMS.

Also can you confirm that you are not running any A/V software on it?

Did you change the properties of the services under Administration tools -> Services?

Hi,

Yes I use RDP to remote access the server and logged in using my regular domain login that has been given loacl admin access to the server. There is no A/V software installed on the server. If I changed the properties of the services under Administratino tools, it was for troubleshooting purposesd but would have changed them back to the original values. I have been trying to solve issues since the install and before contacting this forum.

Should I have not used RDP to install LMS?

If you use RDP, make sure to use /console to login.

Also as there are user privilege messages, you should install LMS with the LOCAL admin user on the server.

OK...I will try that now and report back. Thanks!

Hi,

I have just finished re-installing LMS 3.2 using /Console this time (mstsc /admin) and logging in as local Administrator instead of my domain login. I receive the exact same errors in IE as previously described. I have attached the install log and pdshow output for comparisson.

IIS was already installed on this server. Could I be having a conflict with port 443? How can I verify that or adjust that now in the install after the fact, if that is the case?

Thanks!

mchiaravalle_2
Level 1
Level 1

Interesting because I'm having the EXACT same issue and I've installed twice.

LMS 3.2 on W2k8 server standard SP1 64bit

IE8

Firefox 3.08

mchiaravalle_2
Level 1
Level 1

OK I let TAC in via Webex, and they reset the Casuser password. So far so good on port :1741. As you may recall that is one of the passwords you had to set during a custom install. They think maybe a Microsoft server patch that was applied after the LMS install caused the problem.

Unfortunately I was occupied when they changed the Casuser password via CLI so I can't give any notes on how to get there but it should be documented somewhere.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: