dial by extension from a secondary auto attendant menu

Answered Question
Sep 22nd, 2009
User Badges:

I have an auto attendant setup with a two level menu.  While a user is listening to the first level menu or even recording off of a pressed key on the first level they can dial an extention and will get connected to it.  But if they go into the second level menu, then dial by extension no longer works.  The call is disconnected.  Is this a "feature"?  Is there something that can be changed/set in the aa scripts, or specifically the script for the second level that will fix this?

I looked at the web configuration and the first aa has a allow dial by extension radio button (which is of course enabled) but there is no such option on the second level aa menu.  Hopefully this can be changed via a script.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Correct Answer by Saurabh Verma about 7 years 10 months ago

The scripts for Auto attendant are pre-compiled. CCA uses two different scripts - one for the main menu and the other one for the sub menu. You could alternatively use CUE GUI to utilize the same script for both menus.

-Saurabh

Correct Answer by Saurabh Verma about 7 years 10 months ago

First things first, you will need to make sure that you have CUE Script Editor that matches the CUE software. If you are using CUE 7.0.3, please use the editor located at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cue-703-utilities. Both the Auto Attendant scripts (AA_SBCS_v02.aef and AA_Transfer2.aef" are included in the UC 500 Software Pack. You can download the script on your laptop/desktop and open it using the Editor. I would recommend that you open the two scripts side-by-side and look at the implementation of dialByExtnAnytime in the AA_SBCS_v02.aef script and get the logic implemented in AA_Transfer2.aef. If you need help with this, you may need to reach out to [email protected] alias.

Once you have the script updated, use CUE GUI to upload this script back to CUE. Make sure you have the callin number for the new script as 501 (you may need to disengage this from the previous one).

Thanks,

Saurabh

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Saurabh Verma Tue, 09/22/2009 - 10:49
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Greg,

That's an interesting behavior. Would it be possible to send me the configuration from the voicemail system?

Thanks,

Saurabh

gregszeszko Tue, 09/22/2009 - 10:59
User Badges:

Sure.  But how do I give you just the voicemail configuration?  What command would you like me to execute or where can I get a dump of the configuration?

Saurabh Verma Tue, 09/22/2009 - 11:07
User Badges:

In CCA 2.1, go under "Monitor > Reports > CUE Exec Commands". In the "CUE Exec Commands" window, type in "show config" and click on the "Run" button. This should capture the current configuration on the voicemail system.

Thanks,

Saurabh

gregszeszko Tue, 09/22/2009 - 11:21
User Badges:

My CCA doesn't seem to be able to work over the NAT that I set up in UC520 (complains about authentiction failing even though the password is correct) but I was able to ssh into CUE and get the confi.  It is attached.

Attachment: 
Saurabh Verma Tue, 09/22/2009 - 11:28
User Badges:

I needed config for the voicemail system - since you are able to ssh, can you get into the voicemail system "service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session", and capture the configuration from there?

Thanks,

Saurabh

Saurabh Verma Tue, 09/22/2009 - 12:21
User Badges:

Hi Greg,

Yes, that's the file I was looking for. This may be too much information, but internally CCA uses two different Auto Attendant scripts - one for the main menu and a second one for the sub-menu. The script that we use for the sub-menu does not have an option for dial-by-extension-anytime. We can request a feature in CCA to fix this. Until then, you can only use the main-menu for dialing the extensions (at any time).

Only other option (I would not recommend due to high complexity involved), would be to edit the script to add the dial-by-extension-anytime parameter and then manually (using CLI or CUE GUI) upload the new script and configure this parameter.

I will check with the CCA engineering team on the timeline for fixing this and get back.

Thanks,

Saurabh

gregszeszko Tue, 09/22/2009 - 12:32
User Badges:

Thanks.  This isn't too much information.  I am new to UC520 but I work with computers all the time.

Waiting for a CCA update feels like a long time.  Changing the script file doesn't seem all that complicated.  I noticed that there were options for uploading a script so there is got to be a way to do it.  Any pointers as to what I should look for in the script?

Correct Answer
Saurabh Verma Tue, 09/22/2009 - 13:07
User Badges:

First things first, you will need to make sure that you have CUE Script Editor that matches the CUE software. If you are using CUE 7.0.3, please use the editor located at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cue-703-utilities. Both the Auto Attendant scripts (AA_SBCS_v02.aef and AA_Transfer2.aef" are included in the UC 500 Software Pack. You can download the script on your laptop/desktop and open it using the Editor. I would recommend that you open the two scripts side-by-side and look at the implementation of dialByExtnAnytime in the AA_SBCS_v02.aef script and get the logic implemented in AA_Transfer2.aef. If you need help with this, you may need to reach out to [email protected] alias.

Once you have the script updated, use CUE GUI to upload this script back to CUE. Make sure you have the callin number for the new script as 501 (you may need to disengage this from the previous one).

Thanks,

Saurabh

gregszeszko Tue, 09/22/2009 - 13:40
User Badges:

I see what you mean. I assumed the script was xml or something readable like that. I will download the editor and give it a try.  Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help.

gregszeszko Tue, 09/22/2009 - 15:20
User Badges:

The link doesn't work for me.  When I log in the download page is empty.  Do I need to special rights/permissions to see that tool?  Can I get it somewhere else?

gregszeszko Tue, 09/22/2009 - 18:02
User Badges:

This sucks. I have CUE 3.2 but it appears I can't download the menu editor without some sort of a service agreement.  Is that so?  I want to fix a Cisco problem myself and can't do it without paying Cisco?  Do you know of any other way of resolving this issue?  It really kills my AA.

Greg

gregs at saintdominick.com

gregszeszko Wed, 09/23/2009 - 18:55
User Badges:

I gave up and reconfigured everything in a single level menu.  Isn't as nice as it was originally, but at least it works.  Too bad.

Saurabh Verma Thu, 09/24/2009 - 05:20
User Badges:

Greg, one other option could have been to use the same script for both main menu as well as the sub menu. The configuration of the sub-menu auto attendant would need to be done through CUE GUI. Give it a try if you still have some time in hand.

-Saurabh

gregszeszko Thu, 09/24/2009 - 06:23
User Badges:

I assumed that the two scripts were different for a reason and that the first one could only be used on the first level of menus.  Are you saying that I could use the same script and leave my prompts/menu selection as they were, just change the 2nd level called script to be the same as the first one?  Again, I assumed that CCA was compiling these scripts based on my choice of actions for each key a user can press.

I can't play with the settings during the day while the system is in use.  But I will try it in the evening.

Correct Answer
Saurabh Verma Thu, 09/24/2009 - 07:08
User Badges:

The scripts for Auto attendant are pre-compiled. CCA uses two different scripts - one for the main menu and the other one for the sub menu. You could alternatively use CUE GUI to utilize the same script for both menus.

-Saurabh

gregszeszko Sat, 09/26/2009 - 10:06
User Badges:

What do you know, that worked as well!  That's the best option for us so I am sticking with it.

Thanks.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content