Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

R2-CAS Channels

Hi

What's the default order to allocation of channel at E1 (R2-digital)? Is ascending, descending or random?

And how can i do to change the order on e1 r2-digital?

Thanks

Peterson

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Peterson,

The only way to do this is to create individual ds0-groups, and then reference them in separate dial peers with descending/ascending preference values.

-nick

View solution in original post

I think actually there is a much simpler way.

Under controller e1, or voice-port, assign it to a trunk-group.

Under trunk-group, configure "hunt-scheme sequential up" (or down).

Reference said trunk-group instead of port in the DPs.

Unfortunately it's not easy for me to test that right now, otherwise I would have confirmed if it works.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi Peterson,

The only way to do this is to create individual ds0-groups, and then reference them in separate dial peers with descending/ascending preference values.

-nick

Thanks Nick

I think actually there is a much simpler way.

Under controller e1, or voice-port, assign it to a trunk-group.

Under trunk-group, configure "hunt-scheme sequential up" (or down).

Reference said trunk-group instead of port in the DPs.

Unfortunately it's not easy for me to test that right now, otherwise I would have confirmed if it works.

I think this is the right direction, but not quite to the point of calling it simple.

I think the hunt-group allocation just chooses the interface, not timeslot. In this scenario, there would be a single interface, so it would remain the same.

You could however, configure 23 separate ds0 groups, and put each of them in a trunk group, and then change the hunt scheme there. This gets around the 11 preference value limit of my solution. +5 for you Paulo.

-nick

I'll test this as I have a chance.

If I understand a little trunk-group's operation, it will work.

Thanks Paolo!!!!

Let us know if it works - debug vpm signal.