Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

R2-CAS Channels

Hi

What's the default order to allocation of channel at E1 (R2-digital)? Is ascending, descending or random?

And how can i do to change the order on e1 r2-digital?

Thanks

Peterson

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Peterson,

The only way to do this is to create individual ds0-groups, and then reference them in separate dial peers with descending/ascending preference values.

-nick

View solution in original post

I think actually there is a much simpler way.

Under controller e1, or voice-port, assign it to a trunk-group.

Under trunk-group, configure "hunt-scheme sequential up" (or down).

Reference said trunk-group instead of port in the DPs.

Unfortunately it's not easy for me to test that right now, otherwise I would have confirmed if it works.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi Peterson,

The only way to do this is to create individual ds0-groups, and then reference them in separate dial peers with descending/ascending preference values.

-nick

Thanks Nick

I think actually there is a much simpler way.

Under controller e1, or voice-port, assign it to a trunk-group.

Under trunk-group, configure "hunt-scheme sequential up" (or down).

Reference said trunk-group instead of port in the DPs.

Unfortunately it's not easy for me to test that right now, otherwise I would have confirmed if it works.

I think this is the right direction, but not quite to the point of calling it simple.

I think the hunt-group allocation just chooses the interface, not timeslot. In this scenario, there would be a single interface, so it would remain the same.

You could however, configure 23 separate ds0 groups, and put each of them in a trunk group, and then change the hunt scheme there. This gets around the 11 preference value limit of my solution. +5 for you Paulo.

-nick

I'll test this as I have a chance.

If I understand a little trunk-group's operation, it will work.

Thanks Paolo!!!!

Let us know if it works - debug vpm signal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: