Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS DFM

georgeef1
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

In the User "Guide for Device Fault Manager, Software Release 3.2", regarding events it is said that "When the event has been in the Cleared state for 20 minutes, it expires and is removed from the display.", and regarding alarms it is said "Alerts are moved to Cleared when their last active event has been in the Cleared state for 20 minutes. You can also clear an event manually".

I have been reading through the document, and it seems to me that events can only be manually cleared.

I would like to know if there is any kind of timeout or any other way to automatically move events to clear state after a period of time, just to prune unattended alarms from the display.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, events are cleared when the condition in the device which triggered the event is resolved. For example, if the event refers to an interface being operationally down, that event will clear when the interface is brought up, or if you administratively shut it down.

Once DFM detects the condition which triggered the event is no longer occurring (usually after no more than four minutes), it will mark the event as cleared.

Thanks jclarke,

So if we dont acknowledge or clear the event/alert or niether we fix the issue on device, what would be the amount of time DFM will take to clear those alerts automatically.

Acknowledge is not the same as clear. If you clear all the events, then the alert will eventually time out of AAD. If each event is cleared on the device, then the alert will eventually time out of AAD.