cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM-2 Load Balancing VLAN Limitation

brad
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure a 6509 running 12.2(33)SXH4 to load-balance between (2) IDSMs in promiscuous mode.

It seems as though as I enter the command "intrusion-detection port-channel 60 capture allowed-vlan " with all the VLANs afterwards, there is a 255 character limit to the line. (I have a lot of VLANs). So I figure I can enter this command several times, and add the VLANs that didn't fit to the subsequent lines.

However, for every new command I enter, the only VLANs that "stick" to the config are the ones from the last command that was entered.

Seems there is a bug when adding VLANs to the "intrusion-detection port-channel" command.

Any ideas as to overcome this issue?

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry I'm afraid you've meet a software limitation, contact the TAC to confirm but be ready to receive a reply like "WAD".

So how do I configure the port-channel group to accept more VLANs? Or can't I? Will I have to use VLAN ranges in the command? This will include VLANs that I am not even using.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: