cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a version of IP Communicator compatible w/ Windows 7?

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

I tried 2.1.3 on Windows 7. The app registers but I am unable to complete the dialing. I enter the digits but then pressing Enter or clicking Dial does nothing. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try CIPC 7, i found a reference that someone got it working.

Right now there is not official support in any version for CIPC on Windows 7, development is probably working on this but might take a while

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I tried loading 7.03. But I get the same symptom. Registers and I can enter digits. But in the end I can not send the digits. I will try to install in compatibility mode.

To anyone looking - there are known bluescreen problems with the CDP driver on windows 7. I don't know the exact cause to replicate it, but it's out there.

CUPC v8 should be supported for Win 7, but it's not supposed to be out for 6 months or so.

hth,

nick

I tried installing with compatibility mode (using a few different compatibility modes) and this did not help. I notice when I run the communicator app I get error "Unable to initialize support for Cisco Emergency Responder service." What is that?

chrisbw
Level 1
Level 1

I use CIPC version 7.0.2.0 and it has been working fine for me on Windows 7 other than an error it throws up everytime I fire it up about an issue with the CER service.