cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a version of IP Communicator compatible w/ Windows 7?

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

I tried 2.1.3 on Windows 7. The app registers but I am unable to complete the dialing. I enter the digits but then pressing Enter or clicking Dial does nothing. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try CIPC 7, i found a reference that someone got it working.

Right now there is not official support in any version for CIPC on Windows 7, development is probably working on this but might take a while

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I tried loading 7.03. But I get the same symptom. Registers and I can enter digits. But in the end I can not send the digits. I will try to install in compatibility mode.

To anyone looking - there are known bluescreen problems with the CDP driver on windows 7. I don't know the exact cause to replicate it, but it's out there.

CUPC v8 should be supported for Win 7, but it's not supposed to be out for 6 months or so.

hth,

nick

I tried installing with compatibility mode (using a few different compatibility modes) and this did not help. I notice when I run the communicator app I get error "Unable to initialize support for Cisco Emergency Responder service." What is that?

chrisbw
Level 1
Level 1

I use CIPC version 7.0.2.0 and it has been working fine for me on Windows 7 other than an error it throws up everytime I fire it up about an issue with the CER service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: