Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1140

k.ramalingam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have access point AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9 and it runs on lightweight mode. Can I convert it to autonomous mode.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not yet. Cisco has not yet released the autonomous IOS. According to Cisco insiders, the IOS should be ready sometime October 2009.

Thanks.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mate,

Please rate my post if this answers your query or solves your issue.

MARVIN SPITERI
Level 1
Level 1

hi there anyone has any update on the standalone IOS release date? I think it should be made more clear that this AP is only available in lightweight mode..

But it is.

For starters, your authorized Cisco reseller should be able to confirm this information within minutes.

Secondly, if you look at the data sheet, you'll noticed that under Software it's stated "Cisco Unified Wireless Network Software Release 5.2 or later.". Also under "Simplified Network Management" on the right, it said "Controller-based or stand-alone option*" and the "*" points to a fine line below that said something like "Standalone available in 2009".

I know, it does leave room for further improvements. But then again, if you have doubts, then your Cisco reseller should be able to get you the straight facts.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card