Telnet in UCCX script

Unanswered Question
Sep 22nd, 2009

Hello!

I have a requirement from a customer that requires that user enters his account information, and then script uses this account information as telnet option.

Is there a possibility to start telnet (or SSH) from script automatically and then in telnet session use user provided information?

After that I should get response (over telnet) from remote server and save this information in some kind of variable field.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Darijo

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.7 (4 ratings)
sferland Wed, 09/23/2009 - 05:06

Darijo,

I made a script earlier this year which telnet into a Voice Gateway, send command "show voice call summary" and retrieve and parse the response. This script is used to determine if one or more FXO ports are busy or not.

In order to do that, I built a custom Java class. Within this class I used the Apache Commons Net library.

http://commons.apache.org/net/

This library provides all the TCP network communication you may need.

So, within the script, I instantiate the custom class and then I instruct it to telnet, send and retrieve. The result is then pass back to the script and I can do whatever I want.

Hope that help.

Steven

jmorlan Wed, 09/23/2009 - 18:09

Would you be willing to post the script, and everthing needed to make this work. I would be interested in seeing how this works.

Thanks

david.macias Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:45

Yeah, me too. Sounds like a very cool way to leverage the IVR to do things out of the ordinary.

david

sferland Thu, 09/24/2009 - 06:50

I did this project to solve a problem with a Valcom paging system. This paging system is use with an IPCelerate server in order to provide paging for more than one port (zone) at a time. The problem was that when a user dials a multi-zone extension number, he doesn't know if one of the port associate with the multi-zone is busy or not. So, his call goes through but the page is then heard only in the zone where the ports are idle.

So, I made this script in order to verify the ports state prior to forward the call to the IPCelerate server. If one or more ports within the multi-zone is busy then a busy signal is played.

I attached the custom Java class and a jpg of the script.

Actions

This Discussion