Running Symbol Barcode scanners on a WLC4402 + 1131's running 22.214.171.124. The WLAN is currently open for testing purposes. The guns associate and are placed in a run state on the WLC and sees that the station has an IP address, however you cannot ping the device from the WLC and vice versa. Can associate a laptop to same network and are provided with correct network connectivity.
The troublesome guns have a static IP, don't seem to support DHCP. They support no form of 802.11 security. WLAN card is Cisco Aironet at b only. The guns are about 9 years old.
There are two WLANs with different guns running on each due to different security capabilities. The second WLAN and different guns experience no problems.
Tried various bits and pieces with no luck so far. Main points:
- If you place an IOS AP in the same network the guns associate and can ping (This is the frustrating point)
- Have implimented MAC filtering with mapped IP address of the gun and AAA override, no joy.
- Tried various code versions, no joy.
- Disabled all other WLANs, adjusting DTIM's, data rates, disabled short preamble, placed everything in one vlan, broadcast SSID, disabled/enabled Aironet extensions, altered fragmentation thresholds...nothing.
- Did a packet capture, the only data seen from the gun is an arp request to the gateway, there is an arp response from the gateway. This will repeat several times with no other data, looking at the gateway's mac table the device is present but still no IP connectivity.
The client never gets disassociated, de-authed or excluded.
All ideas welcome as I cannot think of anything else to try...