cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Connect to ANI server ANIServer6.0-lms

Mparusa06
Level 1
Level 1

I am running LMS 3.1 and have encountered the following issue when trying to access the topology map for the first time:

Cannot Connect to ANI server ANIServer 6.0-LMS

I tried restarting the ANI process on the server and even rebooted the whole server gracefully. I still get the same error. I initially had a Java problem but once I loaded the provided plug in, I got past that problem. This is a new install and has only been running for a few days now. Please advise.

Thanks Mike P

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command. Does this problem occur when launching Campus Manager on the server itself, or does this only occur when trying to connect from a remote client?

You are correct the topology map launches from the server itself fine, just not my desktop. I am using IE to access it, I tried opening it up as much as I could but still cant get it to work. Any suggestions what might be blocking it from IE?

Thanks!

Mike

More info: I am running IE version 6.0.3790 on my server and it work just fine. I am trying to access it via the web using IE version 6.0.2900.2180. Hope that helps.

Mike

You must make sure the client can connect to TCP ports 42342 and 43242 on the server. Most likely these are being blocked by a firewall.

I am on a local LAN segment with just a 3750 and a 7600 router between me and the server. Neither one are blocking anyting.I will check those TTCP ports though.

Thanks,

Mike

So you can telnet from the client to the server on those TCP ports, and you get an established connection? Also, verify the short hostname of the server is resolvable on the client. Try doing:

telnet SERVER 42342

telnet SERVER 43242

From the client where SERVER is the short hostname of the server. What do you see?

hi Joseph ,

I have the same problem , I can telnet to the server on port 42342 and 43242 .

and when I ping the server, it is resolved  properly. but when I try to open the topology service I face with the error: cannot coonect to ANI server ANIserver6.0 !!

I have to mention that I even get this error on the server itself !!

thanks

Please start a new thread for your issue and include the output of "pdshow".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: