I did CCNA exam 2 years and 9 month ago!

Unanswered Question
Sep 23rd, 2009

Hi,

I did CCNA exam 2 years and 9 month ago, and now I only have until the 10th of next January to pass another exam, I am a Telecom Engineer working at Cisco TAC,

and I am considering to take on either CCNP or CCSP or CCVP..

Can someone advice me which exam to study considering the tight timeframe that I have?

Thanks!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
MUHAMMAD SHAHEEN Wed, 09/23/2009 - 07:23

Hi,

You only need to pass any one module from any of the professional levels before your CCNA expires to re-crtify your CCNA. The rest can be completed over the time of next 3 years.

For example, he is the link for CCNP which explains in details:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/learning_certification_type_home.html

Hope This helps....

Shaheen

You may consider

belaldarwish Sat, 09/26/2009 - 07:05

thank you Shaheen for the link, so if my CCNA expires then I need to retake it again in order to take the BSCI exam?

jbrenesj Wed, 09/23/2009 - 10:24

You only need to take ONE of the exams in any of the professional tracks (CCNP, CCSP or CCVP).

What is you area of expertise? You can choose the exam you are more famuiliar with due to your daily work and this way you can prepare two months or less and pass it. For instance, if you are a switching engineer familiar with trunking, hsrp and etherchannels you can take the BCMSN exam, just an idea...

belaldarwish Sat, 09/26/2009 - 07:18

thanks for the reply, i feel since i am a telecom engineer that i need to take the CCVP cert. path, but i am not familiar with it..

On the other hand I am more familiar with the BSCI exam after reading the first 100 page from study guide.

the CCSP is also attractive since it is not so popular and not a lot of engineer are certified in this area, so this will be a bonus for me..I opened Cisco.com resource page and saw the 6 exams but I don't know how long it may take to study for one of those exams and which one to start with!

Actions

This Discussion