cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

clear serverfarm doesn't clear all serverfarm statistics

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

I need to clear serverfarm statistics. But when I used the command clear serverfarm OAS, the value for the current connestions is not zero:-( I tried to use clear conn all and clear serverfarm OAS again, but the situation is same. How can I clear this current connections? Is it a bug in ACE software? See:

aace1/ISKNEBE# clear serverfarm OAS

aace1/ISKNEBE# sho serverfarm OAS

serverfarm : OAS, type: HOST

total rservers : 2

---------------------------------

----------connections-----------

real weight state current total failures

---+---------------------+------+------------+----------+----------+---------

rserver: aiskneap1

10.210.14.31:0 8 OPERATIONAL 914 0 0

rserver: aiskneap2

10.210.14.32:0 8 OPERATIONAL 757 0 0

Thank you

Roman

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The clear command has no effect on the current connections counter because this counter should always reflect the number of current connections.

If you do not have active connections on this server currently in 'show conn' then ACE had problem to decrement the counter probably while you were doing some config changes.

The solution is to remove the rserver from the serverfarm configuration and reconfigure it.

Gilles.

The customer started the test traffic. I didn't change the config of ACE during the test traffic. After this traffic was stopped I tried to clear statistics, but the situation is same. It seems like bug in the ACE software.

and I've similar question to that topic:

let say first pool memeber went out and changed his state to probe-failed.

But despite of that the number of current connection didnt went to 0 .... it decreased let say by 200.

my question is ... shouldn't all connections be transfered to second host ????

Why show serverfarm command shows still some number of current connections ?

serverfarm     : OAS, type: HOST

total rservers : 2

---------------------------------

----------connections-----------

real                  weight state        current    total      failures

---+---------------------+------+------------+----------+----------+---------

rserver: aiskneap1

10.210.14.31:0        8      probe-failed  414        0         0

rserver: aiskneap2

10.210.14.32:0        8      OPERATIONAL  957        0         0

The serverfarm by default does nothing to connections already established. Please check different "failaction" types.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: