IPCC 4.5.2 to CCX 7.0.1 - Script compatibility

Unanswered Question
Sep 23rd, 2009
User Badges:

Hi I actually have two sites with IPCC 4.5.2 and we will merge them to 7.0.1.

I will use a restore to restore the biger site into the new one, and I will import the scripts one by one from the small sites to the new one.

I am asking me if I will have compatibility problem with scripts because it'S gona be another IPCC version.

thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 09/23/2009 - 08:13
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

You need to read the release documentation. There is *no* upgrade path from 4.5 to 7.0. You will need to format the server and rebuild all configuration manually. You may be able to convert the scripts (the CCX 7 Editor will attempt this automatically when you open an older script); however, I have not tried from that version. Most 4.0 scripts will convert.

daljeetsingh1_2 Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:57
User Badges:

Hi,

As Jeff mentioned in the reply, there isnt any direct upgrade from 4.X to 7.X

Scripts which you have designed in 4.5 Editor will work in 7.X

I did one upgrade of UCCX 4.X to 7.X - HA deployment, and below is the sequence of steps which i did.

Its not straight forward upgrade, its tricky one.

1. Need to take latest backup using latest BARS.

2. Need to take screen captures of all the existing configurations.

3. Make sure to upgrade the DB to MSSQL standard(required for HA) after freshly install UCCX7

4. Run HA Restore utility to take backup of Historical database.

5. Pull out one server(secondary) from the existing HA deployed mode and build it to 7.X first and then restore using HA restore utility and do the configurations/scripts/prompts/documents as per the screen captures.

6. upgrade one agent desktop with new version of CAD and test it, if its working.

7. If working, migrate all the agents to new server.

8. Rebuild first server and add it to the new HA deployment.

Thanks,

Daljeet

Actions

This Discussion