cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Choosing rthe right ISR

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

I'm preparing to increase the size of our VoIP network and am aware of the principle differences between the ISRs. Our remote sites will have subscribers, so SRST is not really an issue, and the ISRs are only being used to terminate PRIs and will not be used to route data traffic. This being the case, are there caveats to using 2811 routers with 8 VWIC ports? I don't really know what to expect by way of offnet traffic, but have had success with the 2811 line and am wondering if I can repurpose for the new network and not have too much to worry about.

Also, I am planning on configuring some hardware conferencing but I have no idea yet how popular it will be.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you need to terminate 8 PRI or more, consider AS5400HPX rather than ISR routers, that are general purpose boxes after all.

P,

This device supports MGCP (good), am wondering how this gateway is added to CUCM, I don't seem to see a model type for AS5400HPX when I go to add the gateway.

Use AS5400, CUCM won't know the difference.

Where is it? I don't see it in the list of gateways. Using CUCM 6.0, do I need a device pack update?

Sorry, not sure.

If you want safe results, use H.323 instead.

CUCM does not support the AS5400 for MGCP. The supported box is the VGD-1T3, and will do transcoding / conferencing / media termination with CUCM.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: