Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up call queuing for two users

lisacoody
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings all.

I've been asked to set up call queuing for two users. Here's how I'd like the solution to work. A call comes in; if both users are busy, I'd like the caller to have the option to hold or leave a message. I have call queuing set up and it works fine for one user, but I don't know how to make it work for two users responsible for answering the same extension.

I'm new to Cisco - we had a new phone system installed about 4 months ago - Call Manager 6 and Unity 5.

Do I set up hunting / CTI route point / call handler? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Call Manager nor Unity support caller queuing by themselves. Unity will allow you to ask the caller if they want to leave a message by pressing a button, via a call handler, but is not able to put someone on hold until a resource is free. This all would happen before the caller is routed to a user.

You will most likely need to look at something like IPCC Express for this type of functionaltiy.

Look here for more information about the product line: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

Thanks, Adam. I appreciate it!