WCS and WLC getting out of Sync and Disabling WLANS

Unanswered Question
Sep 23rd, 2009
User Badges:

Hi All,

This is a bit weird. I have WCS running on Linux, version 5 and 6 have done the same thing where it will run fine but for no apparent reason the WLC will disable all the WLANs on the controller. This seems to happen across 4.x and 5.x controllers. If I go into WCS is shows the WLANS enabled, executing an audit shows the wlans are disabled and resyncing with the WCS db fixes it, but then it will happen a day or so later.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Lucien Avramov Wed, 09/23/2009 - 10:57
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

I suspect something is happening on your WLC.

From WCS, as the previous values are in the DB, you can after an audit, repush the correct values to the WLC.

At this point this seems to be a bug on your WLC.

Try to take the WLC out of WCS for a couple of days and see if this happens again. That will confirm if WCS is out of the picture or not.

blittrell Wed, 09/23/2009 - 11:18
User Badges:

The weird thing is we have about 5 WLC and they all seem to do it. I was wondering if it is in fact the WLC or the WCS because it seems to happen on all controllers, some more then others. I was thinking there may be some kind of shutdown mechanism if the controllers experience some kind attack, like a DOS attack or a flood attack. We have wireless all around these AP's/controllers from homes and the City.

I have removed them from WCS to see what happens and I will let you know, if anyone else has an idea I am up to trying it:)

Leo Laohoo Wed, 09/23/2009 - 15:03
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Lucien may have a point here. The WLC firmware 5.X is well known to some to be bug-ridden. How about upgrading a your WLC with 5.X to the newer 6.X and test from there?

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network