Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Association History Duration

danletkeman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a lot clients that show many 28 min 48 sec association duration. Is this a problem with the wireless network or client drivers? It's happening with more than one brand of wireless card and different brand of computers.

WCS and 5508 WLC with latest version.

Dan.

5 Replies 5

danletkeman
Level 1
Level 1

see attachment

Could go either ways, I have not seen specific defects on your WLC version regarding this issue. I would suspect either configuration issue or NIC drivers first.

palthainon
Level 1
Level 1

Can you post a config of the controller or AP config? Whichever is managing the network. Check the Client Detail Report for information on the clients themselves and post this as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wlse/2.7/user/guide/reports.html#wp1028570

Is the wlan session timeout set at default 30 mins?

Ah yes. It is set to 1800 seconds.

The documentation says:

Set the maximum time, in seconds, for a client session before requiring reauthorization.

The default values are for the following Layer 2 security types:

* 1800-802.1X; Static WEP+802.1X; WPA+WPA2 with 802.1X, CCKM, or 802.1X+CCKM authentication key management

* 0-All other Layer 2 security types.

So I guess I should set it to 0? or Disable it?

Thanks,

Dan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card