Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified personal Communicator 7.0 without Presence server

Hi,

I did a search on the forum and found the following two relevant posts -

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc2c9bf

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc02126

I wanted to cross check if its feasible to have CUPC without CUP with the latest releases.

If yes, what are the features which won't be available eg -

User defined presence. We may still have Phone Presence based on on-hook, off-hook using CUCM.

IM (Not sure)

As far as I know CUPC asks for an IP address/Hostname, which is supposed to be the presence server information. Has this changed with the latest versions?

Thanks

-> Sushil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That Cisco person is mistaken. CUPC requires CUPS in currently available releases.

Future releases may be another story since Jabber and the UCM CSF are technically two independent processes but details are still NDA.

If you don't have CUPS and need a soft phone, use IP Communicator (CIPC).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

nesharm2
Level 1
Level 1

As mentioned in previous posts and as far as i know ..u cannot have cupc work without cups. Since cupc client will not log on without ip address/hostname of presence server.

Using IP communicator would be a better options

logically also it makes sense .... you cannot have presence without presence server :)

~Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

I agree with you. However this thought came from Cisco person, who states that CUPC can work without CUP server :)

I am not sure how far its true.

-> Sushil

That Cisco person is mistaken. CUPC requires CUPS in currently available releases.

Future releases may be another story since Jabber and the UCM CSF are technically two independent processes but details are still NDA.

If you don't have CUPS and need a soft phone, use IP Communicator (CIPC).

Thanks a lot guys.

Hi.

how to get software ip telephony (SCCP) under Mac Os X ?

thanks

You don't. You can add a Third-Party SIP Device in UCM and use a standards-compliant SIP soft phone on Apple.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: