Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

isdn call termination code details

Hello,

I have to troubleshooting a problem of congestion on ISDN line. I see from my CCM that I have a lots of 41(Temporary failure), 44(Requested circuit/channel not available), 102(Recovery on timer expires) occurs.

Someone can drive me where to find detailed informations about of this codes?

I have already googling in web and search in cisco site, I find some information, but I would find a detailed description of this codes. If someone can also give me a book title could be great.

Thank you really much.

Best regards Antonello.

8 Replies 8

nesharm2
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if this is going to help but anyways

Understanding debug isdn q931 Disconnect Cause Codes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a008012e95f.shtml

P.S> Of course you need to enable debug isdn q931 on isdn router

~Neeraj

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

recovery on timer failure means, either switch or router did not send a message withing the timer prescribed.

the other two are temporary failure usually caused by failures in telco network.

In any case you have to collect the complete trace, the error alone don't mean anything.

Thank you, for answer me both.

Dear p.bevilacqua, I cannot send you any trace, sorry. But I found something interesting, about code 102:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094487.shtml

This document talk about change isnd Time T310, and Allow Overlap Sending set to true.

For you experience, what is the default values of these two in Italy? I suppose you are italian, so i hope you know which parameter to use in italy.

There is a way to understand if the provider use Overlap Signaling?

Could mismatch in overlap signaling cause olso code 101?

Thank you really much in advance.

Best regards Antonello.

You always need overlap receiving in Italy and many other countries.

It's never necessary to change timeout, the default are fine.

I recommend you locate a reputable partner or consultant for your installation, that can solve this and may other issues.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Thank you!

This is an interesting news! Do you know something about code 101?

Any way thank a lot.

Best regards Antonello.

101 - message not compatible with call state

Can be caused by router and CO seeing the call in different states. Usually a side effect, the real problem happens before.

Thank you really much.

With me I have only a document with the statistic. And I am try to see if there is some correlation in % between code 101 and others codes.

For you experience there is some code that usually precede code 101?

Thank you really much, your help it was precious.

It's not a matter of codes, it's a matter of logic in the message flow.

For this you have to look at the complete trace.

Just like a doctor needs to see the tests when making a diagnosis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: