cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Module - Unable to view Memory Utilization (HUM)

tech_trac
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I am unable to view Memory Utilization of ACE Module via HUM.

And when I try to select it via 'Graph It', it says no instance available.

Is it supported by HUM.

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most likely bug CSCtb68766. If the ACE module does not support the cpmCPUTotal5MinRev object, then getting CPU utilization will fail. There is no workaround.

The bug details are not stated in the Bug Toolkit.

Secondly, I had mentioned the issue with Memory and not CPU. CPU values can be seen via HUM without any problem.

sorry, the problem is slightly different. The ACE does not support the CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB nor the HOST-RESOURCE-MIB. Eithout either of these two MIBs, you will not be able to create a poller for memory on ACE modules using the built-in template.

However, the version of the CISCO-PROCESS-MIB supported by the ACE may have some memory objects. Post an SNMP Walk of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.

Hello,

Please find the SNMP walk output attached.

Regards.

Unfortunately, the CPM supported by the ACE doesn't have the necessary system objects to poll for available and free memory. You will not be able to use HUM to poll its memory stats.

So is there any other way by which I can record the ACE Memory readings for historical reporting etc.

Thanks

Not using SNMP. You would need to use some screen-scraping tool to parse CLI output.

Can TCL Scripting on ACE be used to achieve this.

I'm not that familiar with scripting on the ACE platform, but I believe the scripting was only for manipulating SLB characteristics.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: