Unencrypted packet recieved while crypto active...

Answered Question
Sep 24th, 2009
User Badges:

I created two new VPN Groups this morning, on my 3060 concentrator, let's call them "A" and "B". I created A just fine, and created a profile in my VPN client just fine. I then created "B" using the same process. I even made a COPY of profile-A, and renamed it & changed the group-name to form profile-B (meaning a made a copy of a known-good profile) in my client.

When I go to connect, I'm refused right away, with the concentrator saying, "Unencrypted packet received while crypto active!! [dropping packet]".

I used the same process for creating the Group on the VPN Concentrator, and made a copy of a known-good Profile. Any reason this would be happening? I've created & tested tons of profiles before, and never received this error.

Correct Answer by slmansfield about 7 years 8 months ago

Here is a URL that describes your problem. Sounds like it might be a matter of just recreating the group name and password on the concentrator.

HTH

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a008026f96c.shtml

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
abatson Thu, 09/24/2009 - 06:53
User Badges:

A bad / mismatched group name or PW was the first thing I thoguht of. I'll triple-check again, and if needed, I'll just delete & re-add the group entirely. I'll post what success I have.

abatson Thu, 09/24/2009 - 07:22
User Badges:

FIXED! Now, when I've had a password mis-match between Concentrator and Client before, the logs actually indicate this clearly. This time, it gave me an error about encryption (see first post) (Not intuitive..)

Anyway, I'm using a weird password that I actually *confirmed* wrong twice. I used NotePad to help me get the PW right, and all is well. Client attaches to concentrator now.

slmansfield Thu, 09/24/2009 - 07:53
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Please consider rating my response if it helped you resolve the problem. Thanks

Actions

This Discussion