cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unencrypted packet recieved while crypto active...

abatson
Level 1
Level 1

I created two new VPN Groups this morning, on my 3060 concentrator, let's call them "A" and "B". I created A just fine, and created a profile in my VPN client just fine. I then created "B" using the same process. I even made a COPY of profile-A, and renamed it & changed the group-name to form profile-B (meaning a made a copy of a known-good profile) in my client.

When I go to connect, I'm refused right away, with the concentrator saying, "Unencrypted packet received while crypto active!! [dropping packet]".

I used the same process for creating the Group on the VPN Concentrator, and made a copy of a known-good Profile. Any reason this would be happening? I've created & tested tons of profiles before, and never received this error.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

slmansfield
Level 4
Level 4

Here is a URL that describes your problem. Sounds like it might be a matter of just recreating the group name and password on the concentrator.

HTH

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a008026f96c.shtml

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

slmansfield
Level 4
Level 4

Here is a URL that describes your problem. Sounds like it might be a matter of just recreating the group name and password on the concentrator.

HTH

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a008026f96c.shtml

A bad / mismatched group name or PW was the first thing I thoguht of. I'll triple-check again, and if needed, I'll just delete & re-add the group entirely. I'll post what success I have.

FIXED! Now, when I've had a password mis-match between Concentrator and Client before, the logs actually indicate this clearly. This time, it gave me an error about encryption (see first post) (Not intuitive..)

Anyway, I'm using a weird password that I actually *confirmed* wrong twice. I used NotePad to help me get the PW right, and all is well. Client attaches to concentrator now.

Please consider rating my response if it helped you resolve the problem. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: