Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Directory number assigned for IP communicator in CME

I am using Cisco 2821 router Version 12.4(21), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) as CME.When new IP communicator is registered with CME,no number is assigned but existing one is working without any problem even after reboot.

Is it any limitation on ephone or ephone-dn ? or any resource limitation issue ?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Likely it's not configured correctly.

Try this:

term mon

Then register your CIPC that doesn't work. It will indicate that a particular ephone number has registered.

Likely, you do not have a DN configured under that ephone. This could have happened if you mis-typed or misconfigured the MAC address.

Just find the ephone number it is regstering as, and add the dns to it.

-nick

I am trying to auto register a fresh IP communicator which the mac address is not configured already.

when a fresh IP communcator is trying to register,the event shows the ephone number.but if we login and look into that ephone number,there is no mac address.I need to add the mac-address manually to make it work.

Use 'show ephone register' to find the MAC, and you should be good to go.

-nick

Phone may be unregistered if no auto-reg-ephone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: