Views
Helpful
Replies

CME huntgroup/CFB-CFNA question

andres.pasten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've to configure a 3845 running CME with 120 analog phones on 5 VG224 registered on it.

The customer wanted to implement a huntgroup with all analog phones, so that if a call arrives to the first analog phone and it's busy, the call is redirected until an available phone is founded.

But I've found that the list for a huntgroup has a maximum of 32 members.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_l1ht.html#wp1028266

And if I use huntgroups chains, the redirection is limited to 20 hops by command max-redirect (global on telephony service)

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wpmkr1147997

So I've considered using CFB/CFNA on each ephone-dn, but I haven't found a limit of hops or redirects if I use that config. There is limit for that?

Please let me know.

Andres Pasten

Adexus S.A.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No port will never ring at the same time (thanks heaven). It will just distribute calls round-robin as mentioned above.

Use preference only if you want to set the order in which ports will ring.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Excuse me how such a large huntgroup would work ? What are you trying to achieve ?

Hi,

It's an alarm system. The phones only receive calls.

So when an alarm is triggered it generates a call to a header number, which will be associated to a huntgroup pilot or the first analog port on first VG224.

So if the first phone that receive the call is busy or noanswer, the call must be redirected to an available phone, with a full capacity of 120 receivers.

Do you think it'll not work?

Try configuring "dynamic login hunt-group", of course the FXS will be in SCCP mode, and use a FAC to join/leave.

Not sure how many members you will be able to log in simultaneously.

On the other hand if what you're doing is a true call center with so many extensions, CME alone is not the right product, you must also purchase IPCC Express.

Thanks for your answer, but I think that dynamic login hunt-group won't work because on analog phones there'll be no active users, only alarm machines that receives the call, detects the ANI and then trigger an event with a software application.

In that case, adding IPCC Express will be the solution?

TIA

Andres

From what I understand, basically you're using the router to convert from digital to analog interface, as probably the modem used by these alarms is proprietary.

You don't need CME for this to work. On the router, configure 5 voip DP with the same destionation-pattern, use max-conn 24.

On the the VG, leave the ports as H.323, configure 24 pots DPs with same destination-pattern and different port.

That's it router and VGs will distribute calls round-robin across all ports and should work fine.

Hi,

I've thought something similar, but if I configure the VG that way, all DP will match the incoming call, and if it's that way, all ports of VG224 will ring at the same time?

I've thought using preference on DPs, but it can be set from 0 to 10, which will cover only 11 ports of 24 per VG.

Am I ok or not?

Andres

No port will never ring at the same time (thanks heaven). It will just distribute calls round-robin as mentioned above.

Use preference only if you want to set the order in which ports will ring.

ok, I got it. I'll try it, and let you know.

TIA

Andres

Bye the way you can also put the ports in trunk-group, with an individual preference, that with allow you reference this said trunk group in DP and decide exactly in which order post are rang.

Hi Andres,

I don't think this is the right solution to the problem. Even with the CFNA you will hit your 20 redirect limit.

The only solution I could see is this:

Create a hunt group to 20 DNs. Each of those DNs is an octo-line DN. You will have 10-15 analog ports share each octo-line DN.

This changes the ringing scenario, as you will have 10-15 phones ring at a time, and it will hunt through all 120 eventually. As well, out of 10-15 phones no more than 8 can be using their line at any time.

This is sloppy and shouldn't really be used, but is the only way to do this without buying something like IPCCX.

hth,

nick

Nick,

Thanks, I'll try that.

But I'm suggesting customer to use 4 huntgroups of 30 DNs each one. Each huntgroup isolated from the others.

I'll see if it's the best solution.

TIA

Andres

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: