cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Occasional Slow Voicemail Delivery

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

We have a site that reports some occasional slow voicemail delivery.  They will get a voicemail from a caller that will not show up until up to a day later.  This does not happen frequently.  It happens maybe once a month.  What kind of troubleshooting could I do for something like this?

12 Replies 12

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi jcarter,

Is your question in regards to a UC500 system or just a general question?

Thanks,

Cindy

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Support

Community Manager

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

The system is a UC500.

Typically this type of problem is not that the voicemail is deposited in the mailbox after a long delay, but rather that MWI is just slow to sync. What IOS version is your customer using?

Marcos

12.4(22)YB

I also meant to ask, but forgot, about your CUE version. What version are you running?

Hi Marcos,

I am having same problem, there is a delay of nearly 2 hours in retrieving the voicemails. UC500 IOS version is uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T.bin and

Unity Express version is (7.0.3), is there a resolution to this problem ?

Thanks

Hasrat

Hasrat Raja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marcos,

I am having same problem, there is a delay of nearly 2 hours in retrieving the voicemails. UC500 IOS version is uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T.bin and

Unity Express version is (7.0.3), is there a resolution to this problem ?

Thanks

Hasrat

Hi,

I am also having a similar problem...might not be exactly the same.  I had a customer last year, who had one or two users that would receive voicemails delayed/late/slowly, and not just MWI - these were VP users who dialed into their voicemail regularly from their cellphones even when out of the office.  The issue was, from time to time, they would receive voicemails 24-72 hours late.  When they finally did receive the voicemail, the date/timestamp would read the original time it was left, but it literally did not come up in the mailbox until 24-72 hours later.  NTP is synced on the CUE module with the router, and the router's NTP points to a public time source.  We could never reproduce the issue on command, and an unproductive TAC case ensued, engineering hours were put in and no result.  Tried wiping CUE, rebuilding from scratch, upgrading CUE, downgrading CUE, upgrading IOS, downgrading IOS, nothing.  Starting to wonder if it was end user issue or the Cisco fairy playing a trick on me.

Now I have another customer with the same exact issue, a cardiology office, with two logical parts - a general practice and a special unit.  The general practice stopped using CUE a few years back (I come to find this out recently) due to this issue, but the special unit lives and dies by having an IVR with voice mailboxes for each menu option, so they don't have that option.  They had been on CME 4.0 I think and CUE 2.3 and I recently upgraded them to 7.0 CME & CUE to support some newer phones they bought, but I'm beginning to think that there is seriously something going on since I've run into the same exact issue at more than one place, but don't know how to attack this or troubleshoot it.  Thoughts?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
George

g.chongris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am also having a similar problem...might not be exactly the same.  I had a customer last year, who had one or two users that would receive voicemails delayed/late/slowly, and not just MWI - these were VP users who dialed into their voicemail regularly from their cellphones even when out of the office.  The issue was, from time to time, they would receive voicemails 24-72 hours late.  When they finally did receive the voicemail, the date/timestamp would read the original time it was left, but it literally did not come up in the mailbox until 24-72 hours later.  NTP is synced on the CUE module with the router, and the router's NTP points to a public time source.  We could never reproduce the issue on command, and an unproductive TAC case ensued, engineering hours were put in and no result.  Tried wiping CUE, rebuilding from scratch, upgrading CUE, downgrading CUE, upgrading IOS, downgrading IOS, nothing.  Starting to wonder if it was end user issue or the Cisco fairy playing a trick on me.

Now I have another customer with the same exact issue, a cardiology office, with two logical parts - a general practice and a special unit.  The general practice stopped using CUE a few years back (I come to find this out recently) due to this issue, but the special unit lives and dies by having an IVR with voice mailboxes for each menu option, so they don't have that option.  They had been on CME 4.0 I think and CUE 2.3 and I recently upgraded them to 7.0 CME & CUE to support some newer phones they bought, but I'm beginning to think that there is seriously something going on since I've run into the same exact issue at more than one place, but don't know how to attack this or troubleshoot it.  Thoughts?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
George

Use this link:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9827   to see the latest SW Pack for UC500.

The Versions discussed are quite old and many bugs fixed in the newer packs.

William F King
Level 1
Level 1

Regular Slow Voicemail Delivery

March 2011

Software Pack 8.1.0

UC560

Same symptoms as described on other replies to this post.

We have experienced the exact issue over the past couple of weeks with one of our UC560 customers. We have recently upgraded the software pack from 8.0.2 in order to solve a slew of audio quality issues from CUE. While the audio quality issues seemed to have subsided, voicemails may or may not be delivered to the users' mailboxes until 24 to 72 hours later.

Fred King

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: