cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect VPN logging

fortunehitech1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to log when users login and out of the VPN? I know with ASDM you can see currently logged on users and other stats about the sessions in progress but I need to verify if someone says "I was logged in last night working" than in fact they were. We are doing AD authentication and the IAS server logs minimal data but the time stamps don't give times logged in. It will show user logging in and then logging off at the same time. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Since you are using IAS server you need to configure your IAS server to track accounting information (such as logon and logoff records) to maintain records for billing purposes.

Here is a MS article to configure the same on IAS:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc783783(WS.10).aspx

On the ASA, this is what you need:

Go to the tunnel-group and add this command

accounting-server-group

If you want to see online users, you may run this command on the CLI:

Show vpn-sessiondb webvpn

HTH

Regards,

JK

~Jatin

Thanks. Question on the ASA command. Do I just go into config mode and type "tunnel-group accounting-server-group"? Or just replace that with the actual group name?

Hi,

To specify the aaa-server group for sending accounting records, use the accounting-server-group

command in tunnel-group general-attributes configuration mode. for which your users are connecting and you want accounting start-stop records.

Like this:

hostname(config)# tunnel-group xyz general

hostname(config-general)# accounting-server-group aaa-server123

HTH

Regards,

JK

~Jatin

ah, thank you!