cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UnityDb Suspect Database - how do I recover?

mmceldowney
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Unity v4 server, with MSDE installed. Unity will not start. I checked the SQL Database and found that the UnityDb Database is suspect. I am unable to find a way to repair this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SQL will mark a database as suspect if it is unable to access the database. You can try to reset the status of the database, but if it comes back as suspect, then the database is corrupt. If you have a backup you should be able to restore the backup, otherwise you can try to reset the status of the database.

1) The first thing to do is verify that you have free space on the server. A database can be marked suspect if SQL cannot complete recovery on a database because there is not enough free space. If there is adequate space on the hard drive, proceed to the next step.

2) Open Query Analyzer

3) Connect to the server

4) In the query window, enter the following and execute it:

* Use master

* GO

* sp_resetstatus

5) Exit Query Analyzer

6) Restart the MSSQLSERVER service.

7) Check the status of the database.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SQL will mark a database as suspect if it is unable to access the database. You can try to reset the status of the database, but if it comes back as suspect, then the database is corrupt. If you have a backup you should be able to restore the backup, otherwise you can try to reset the status of the database.

1) The first thing to do is verify that you have free space on the server. A database can be marked suspect if SQL cannot complete recovery on a database because there is not enough free space. If there is adequate space on the hard drive, proceed to the next step.

2) Open Query Analyzer

3) Connect to the server

4) In the query window, enter the following and execute it:

* Use master

* GO

* sp_resetstatus

5) Exit Query Analyzer

6) Restart the MSSQLSERVER service.

7) Check the status of the database.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Unfortunately I do not have the SQL Analyzer. It appears that the installation engineer did not do this, and only MSDE exists. I have now just tried to install it, but the Cisco Data Store key is not working. I know the key is valid, as I have used it many times.

Just found a solution to that problem from Microsoft. Browse to the DWORD value SafeDLLSearchMode in HKLM\System\Control\Session Manager\ and change the value from 1 to 0. If the DWORD value doesn't exist, create it.

I am now installing these tools and Cisco key is accepted. Bizarre goings on today. Once I get this I will try out your commands.