Views
Helpful
Replies

Module GBIC SFP in 2960

lordeon85
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i want to install a module GBIC SFP for multimode fx in switch 2960, i bought the module type MFEFX1, but when i put it in the 2960, nothing.

Is it a good module?

if it isn't the good, what type of model i have to buy for my lan access by optical fiber.

if it's good why it doesn't light?

thanks a lot for your answer

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Who manufactured the SFP? If it ain't Cisco, you can't use it. A software in the software will interrogate the module and if it doesn't have the microcode, the appliance will disable the port.

Cisco SFP Optics For Gigabit Ethernet Applications

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6577/product_data_sheet0900aecd8033f885.html

nsn-amagruder
Level 5
Level 5

What is the exact part number of the gbic? I can tell you that inserting gbics into the 2960 can be a challenge. They don't always snap in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time.

If it pulls out easily, it wasn't inserted. Pull it out and push it in with a little force. The clip on the bottom of the gbic will be all the way down and not half way up.

Aaron Magruder

NonStop Networks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: