Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Message Going Straight to Saved

rchaseling
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am having an issue with 1 user in Unity 4.2 integrated with Domino.

When a message is left in his mailbox the MWI light comes on a normal & when he checks it says there are no new messages but 1 saved message....which is the message that was just left.

I have deleted and recreated the mailbox in Domino & issue remains. Has anyone come across this before?

6 Replies 6

hugemongus
Level 4
Level 4

Is the mail subscriber marking the message as "read" in their mailbox?

If so, this caused the voicemail to be marked "read"

I'm investigating the avenue that as he has VM messages going into his email inbox also that it might be because he has an email rule setup.

Can you explain what you mean by the mail subscriber marking the message as read?? Is this a setting?

Is the voicemail message showing up in his email inbox?

UPDATE - It seems that deleting & recreating mailbox in Unity DID fix the issue after all!!

Thanks all for help - though wouldn't have needed it had i have investigated Layer 8 better :-)

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it possible that the user's email client is setup to use POP? If so, by default, messages are marked as read on the server once checked by a POP email client.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks for responses guys,

I'm supporting this site remotely and working through the system administrator there. I'm going to find out full details of setup & i'll post results

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: