Record Prompts in G.729

Unanswered Question
Sep 25th, 2009

Hi,

I have a CRS system installed in G.729 format. I am finding it very difficult to record prompts in G.729 format. Right now I am depending upon completely on Call Manager MOH translator service to do this.

But is there any other utilitie we can use for this?

In one of the Cisco documents, it is mentioned to use tools like Audacity, Cooledit or Sound Forge. I have installed all of these, but can not find any information to change a normal "WAV" file to a G.729 format to upload the same to CRS.

Thanks,

Manu

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Fri, 09/25/2009 - 07:12

This is why I tell customers it's usually not worth running CCX in G.729 (see my longer answer from another thread below).

The "best" way of doing this is to write a CCX script that you can call into and capture the prompts into the repository using the Recording and Document-related steps. This has been discussed on the forum before (please run a search) and I believe an example is in the sample script repository:

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/design/guide/script_repository_701.zip

Longer G.711 vs. G.729 answer:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&topicID=.ee6fe12&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd48531

Steven Griffin Mon, 09/28/2009 - 09:20

If you have Unity then the G.729 codec comes bundled with it. You can install just the codec on a Windows machine and record using the MS Sound Recorder tool. Not the BEST solution but it works.

Actions

This Discussion