cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cross-site Layer2 VPN

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

In the diagram i have 2 sites. In site 1 i have 2 PE devices with Vlan 3,33 in VTP database and couple of servers in both vlans. Need to extend both vlans broadcast domain to site 2 access layer switches. MPLS/LDP enable on PE's. I am assuming that without another access layer attached to PE3/PE4 with a tunk interface i cannot enable psedowire on PE3/PE3! since i need an (L3 - without an ip address) interface to enable xconnect on. Will vlan-base psedowire work? but will need a SIP card on the PE's since they are 6509!!

Any comment? Let me know you need more clarification..

Francisco.

1 Reply 1

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Francisco,

You're right. You need a SIP card for your uplinks if you want to apply the xconnect to an SVI interface.

You could try creating a trunk for VLAN 3 and 33 between PE3 and PE4. Assuming all the servers are connected to PE3 (there are 2x PE3 on your drawing ;-) ), you could apply the xconnect on PE4 trunk interface only to PE1 as primary and PE2 as secondary:

xconnect 192.168.124.1 10 encapsulation mpls

backup peer 192.168.124.2 20

HTH

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: