Upgrading EIM 4.2(5) from Basic to Advanced (with UCCE)

Unanswered Question

Hi,

I have two working EIM systems connected to the same ICM platform - one EIM is in North America and one in Europe. The Basic licence does not support multiple languages or multiple departments, and Cisco have provided some temporary Advanced licences for us to try in Europe.

I'm not sure what is required to upgrade and don't have any documentation on this, so I'm wondering if any NetPro members have done this. What I did was the following:

1. Stopped the "Cisco Service"

2. Deleted all old log/txt files from C:\CIM\eService\logs

3. Renamed the two basic licence files

4. Copied the two advanced licences into place with the correct names

5. Restarted the service.

I can log in as the Partition Administrator, but I don't see any Advanced features. The one I'm looking for is the ability in Departments to create a new Department, or copy an existing Department. Neither of these buttons are enabled. I also see a lot of exceptions in the licence log file. Agents can sometimes log in, but other times the browser hangs on the log in attempt. I don't know how to engage another language from the agents point of view.

Is it possible that the database holds information about the original licencing that is still active? Are there pre-compiled pages that need to all be removed so that the UI can rebuild under the Advanced model.

I do have a TAC case open on this, but thought I'd check with the community to see if anyone has experience with this sort of licence upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,

Geoff

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Update.

After a long day with TAC, a CCBU escalation engineer and eGain, it turned out that the licence was generated on a 4.2(5) machine without Engineering Specials, and we are running 4.2(5) ES4. There was a change in the way keys were created in ES1. So the licence was invalid - I knew that; I could see the exceptions in the licence log file.

Eventually a new pair of Advanced licence files were generated and I installed this and restarted the system. There are still errors in the licence log file but TAC assure me they are benign.

The advanced features are available - create departments, set languages on the agent UI, login with a selected language. All driven by the licence file.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion