cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problems with ws-x6k-sup2-2ge

mark.nelson
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot boot the sup2 card..it attempts to boot and gives me a magic number error. The software images in bootflash are corrupt...each one says 4025 bytes. I think the bootflash is out of room because i am unable to xmodem a new software image. I cannot tftp...says invalid option... I cannot delete the images on the bootflash. The version of rommon 7.1(1) doesnt allow you to do much at all. How can i get the bootflash cleaned up so I can transfer an image and get this card working? Rommon is quite frustrating.

3 Replies 3

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

You can boot it from the external flash card slot. If you have a similar switch, copy the image to flash card and then put that card in slot0 of the problem switch. In rommon mode, you can use boot command to boot it from slot0:

sorry..i thought i included that piece...the flash card slot wont recognize a flash card....so I am hosed on that route. Any other ideas? Seems crazy how difficult this is.

can you format the flash card in other switch which is running the same/similar software version and try again?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card