cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music On Hold

hmjgriffon
Level 1
Level 1

I created a new moh file with the same stats as the one that was on the system and working and I chose the new file after I put it on the routers flash in the unity express gui, and all I hear is 2 beeps instead of the song. I have since rebooted the router and in telephony-services it has the command moh moh.au which is the filename

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Are you using CUCM or CME? "beep-on-hold" usually means no MOH configured. Silence means the system couldn't find the MOH file.

Hope this helps.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

CME and Unity express, in my googling I read something about if you don't have multi cast configured you will only hear the hold music if you call in from outside the system? I know moh is configured it was working before and I know the file is in flash I telnet'ed in and did show flash: and saw my file, I'm just not sure if I should be hearing it or not when I call one phone from another from inside the network and put it on hold, I never actually got put on hold with the old moh file so I dont know if it was heard internally or not, I'm kind of new to this.