Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Express Licences to Call Manager

gregorygout
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have site with call-manager express 4.2 that I want to integrate to our Call Manager express version 5

How can I transfer the licences from CCME to Call Manager ? is it possible or allowed ?

thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not too sure if i got your question correctly, but youre saying, you have a CME system and you now need to migrate the phones from that CME system to CUCM 5.X system correct?

if that is the case and you are "migrating" you can do this as the license is transferable based on an honor basis as well as it goes along the lines for the 100% investment protection methodology :).

basically, you bought phones with the CME system and these phones came with a license. if you are migrting to a CUCM now, you are asked to fillout a form and submit it. the form contains the type and amount of phones. they then send you a file that contains the DUL (Device Unit License).

you still need a CUCM server license which is needed to activate the CUCM system.

hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From public documentation, you cannot transfer any license.

Then you can contact you cisco account manager or partner to see if they can work out any deal for you.

Not too sure if i got your question correctly, but youre saying, you have a CME system and you now need to migrate the phones from that CME system to CUCM 5.X system correct?

if that is the case and you are "migrating" you can do this as the license is transferable based on an honor basis as well as it goes along the lines for the 100% investment protection methodology :).

basically, you bought phones with the CME system and these phones came with a license. if you are migrting to a CUCM now, you are asked to fillout a form and submit it. the form contains the type and amount of phones. they then send you a file that contains the DUL (Device Unit License).

you still need a CUCM server license which is needed to activate the CUCM system.

hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: