Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM activation-key

brockbankmj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just picked up a used FWSM and it doesn't seem to have an activation key on it -- the activation key just shows as all zero's.

Can anyone tell me if the device will work properly without an activation key? I'm not planning on running multiple contexts or anything really fancy.

Also, If I really *do* need the activation key, I found the part number to be SC-SVC-FWM-4.0-K9. Does anyone have any idea what the ballpark cost is for that?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

2 Replies 2

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

You should be able to use it if you don't want to create multiple contexts. "show ver" should tell you what feature is available to you now.

By default (3 contexts in multiple mode) you will see the activation keys as all zeros. Nothing to worry about.

When you purchase additional context license like 20 pack or more then, you will be given an activation key that you need to add to the FWSM with the activation-key command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm31/command/reference/a2.html#wp1438750

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card