cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Surveillance Cameras WPA2 Enterprise Support

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

The documentation on the Cisco Wireless camera only supports EAP-TLS and EAP-FAST today. Is this going to change? I have a customer that would like to use PEAP w/ MS-CHAPv2 using a corporate certificate. Will this be supported on the cameras in the future? Or is it possible today?

2 Replies 2

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

What camera are we talking about?

According to: Cisco 2500 Series Video Surveillance IP Camera Wireless Specifications (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6918/ps9692/ps7307/data_sheet_c78-455613.html) I show it is all supported...

Protocols

802.1x, AES, Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP), Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), WPA/WPA2 Personal, WPA/WPA2 Enterprise, Extensible Authentication Protocol-Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS), EAP-Tunneled TLS (EAP-TTLS), Microsoft Challenge-Handshake Authentication Protocol (MS-CHAP), MS-CHAPv2, Protected EAP (PEAP), EAP-Message Digest 5 (EAP-MD5)

Yes, I read that too. But according to the actual camera setup documentation, there are only EAP-TLS and EAP-FAST settings available and configurable under the wireless security section. I haven't configured one of these cameras yet so I don't have the actual menu in front of me, I am just going by the camera documentation for version 2.1.

I am just looking for a configuration example or how to for this 2500 wireless model.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card