Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Design info

I have three sites total. site one will connect to corporate over a vpn.

site 2 and three will connect to site one. all the sites handoffs from the isp are ethernet. I was thinking of using 3 1811 routers with attached layouot. will this work?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If ethernet handoff use 1801 or 1812, as modem is just ineffective.. Your is a simple DMVPN configuration. You can choose to encrypt it or not to simplify configuration.

thanks for posting.

I was going to use fastethernet1 with a public ip connected to an ethernet handoff from isp and encrypt the tunnel (2 t1's) to corporate. use ethernet0 to managed siwtch on lan and then use one of the switch ports vlan to goto other building and another sitch port to goto the third locaiton. all three buildinigs are ethernet handoffs, i wouldn't be using the modem of the 1811 or isdn of the 1812. I guess I am not sure if attached document would work as I have never done it with only three routers

If you have "private ethernet" to other locations, you don't really need a router there. Depending on the traffic involved, L3 switches could be more useful for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card