cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating phones from one model to another (7940 to 7942)

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am working with a customer that is at the end of their cisco lease. They are replacing all hardware etc.

All of their 7940 phones are moving to 7942, all the 7960's are moving to 7962's

Is there any tool or an easy method to do this? or do i have to pull the programming for the 7940 then recreate the programming on a 7942?

we are running call manager 7.12

thanks for any help

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to export all details in BAT and then modify the device type you use along with some other stuff like softkey templates, device template, security profile, etc.

Delete, then reimport the phones.

You probably want to export 1-2 phones to start testing and see what's necessary to change in the CSV

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

makes sense :)

not sure why i didn't think of that

if you do a full export with all detail can you reimport with just changing the device type?

i might be able to only do a few phones at a time due to license limits.

I can't delete the old phones until a new phone has replaced it on their desks

No, because there are some other stuff that are specific to the phone model like the security device profile, softkey templates, phone template, etc.

It's not just change the device type, if you just change the device type it will tell you that some fields have values that are not valid.

IE 7940 security profile for a 7942 is not an option if you configure one manually, you get 7942 options

Just did an export from a lab server and i can easily search 7970 and find all the fields that have the value in order to change them.

HTH

java

HTH

java