ASA 5505 Anyconnect Licenses

Unanswered Question


I have a ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9 and i want to implement Anyconnect(oonly tunnel mode), but i am not sure what licenses i need. Do I should to buy a " ASA-AC-E-5505=" license? or do i need anything else?.

If my ASA doesn't have "Security Plus license" and I buy ASA-AC-E-5505=, can I use all the SSL peer allowed in the device(25 peers)

Thanks for any comment.

Jose Luis

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Farrukh Haroon Mon, 09/28/2009 - 02:05
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

AFAIK, the anyconnect license should be good to go on both the base or security plus 5505 models.

Make sure you are running software version 8.2 to utilize the anyconnect essentials license.

For IPSEC (remote+L2L) the combined limit is 10 on the base, but for SSL it should be 25.

As noted here:

Please rate if helpful




This Discussion