Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC problem.

rcapao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an AP 1240AG that I am converting from IOS to LWAPP.

I have a WLC 2125 that I what to used with this AP.

I see that I can associate the AP with the WLC.

The problem is like this, when I tried to use a Wireless Client to associate to the network I cannot do that.

What I see is that the wireless client detects the SSID from the AP, but I cannot associate.

I see too, in the “sst” tool form Cisco that the RF link is constantly up and down in my Wireless client…???

I take some logs that I send. Someone can tell me what is going on?

I cannot anther stand this? Can you?

Someone can help me? Please?

Thanks in advance,

Rui Capao

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I'm not mistaken it looks like the conversion (from autonomous to LWAP) process was done incorrectly.

cayugamed-admin
Level 1
Level 1

Rui,

Looks like you need to correct the port duplex issue on your switch and a DHCP issue.

From you Log#4

#####################

Sep 25 18:47:07.152: [WARNING] ews_form.c 3565: ewBuildRepeatForm: repeates exceeds maximum

*Sep 25 18:46:52.228: %DHCP-6-SCOPE_NOT_FOUND: dhcpd.c:171 Dropping packet from 192.168.22.182 (unable to match to a dhcp scope)

*Sep 25 18:46:52.227: %DHCP-6-SCOPE_NOT_FOUND: dhcpd.c:171 Dropping packet from 192.168.22.182 (unable to match to a dhcp scope)

*Sep 25 18:39:11.284: %CAPWAP-3-ECHO_ERR: capwap_ac_sm.c:5116 Did not receive heartbeat reply; AP: 00:1f:c9:67:23:50

*Sep 25 18:29:58.826: %LWAPP-4-AP_DUPLEX_MISMATCH: spam_api.c:3764 Duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet0 (not half duplex), with HP ProCurve Switch 2650(001321-83b900) 41 (half duplex) for AP AP001e.be25.2f0e

#######################

Brad

rcapao
Level 1
Level 1

I already have done that.

I change switch and tomorrow I will do my tests.

One thing about the conversion from IOs to LWAPP.

If I'm not mistake, when I do that kind of conversion, and if that same conversion is not well done, I cannot join my WLC.

I'm correct or not?

In case I configure a internal DHCP scope in the WLC, what have I to do to have my clients to get a IP from that scope?

Thanks in advance,

Rui Capao

If i am understand you correctly, if you use the controller as a DHCP server, then you need to point your wired interface for your SSID to the managment IP of the controller handing out the DHCP...

If you have a bad upgrade, correct highly unlikely your AP will join the controller.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: