Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP

sourabh1000_2
Level 1
Level 1

dear friends,

if u don't mind, pls provide me the exact explanation means interview answer for below questions

why we require BGP in the network?

because i tired to make answer for this questions.

pls help

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

BGP provides the ability to control routing based on network policies. BGP is the dynamic routing protocol of choice when connecting to the internet or connecting to other companies via an intranet which have different network policies.

If properly designed, a change on a BGP peer won't automatically affect other peers unlike an IGP implementation where a change in a EIGRP|OSPF router will most likely affect all routers running the protocol.

BGP also provides extensive traffic engineering options by using its best path selection algorithm. You can influence ingress|egress traffic by modifying attributes such as; AS_PATH, WEIGHT, LOCAL_PREF among others. You are quite limited on traffic engineering when it comes to regular IGPs (OSPF|EIGRP).

HTH,

__

Edison.

thanks my dear friend...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card