Call Connector and Windows 7

Unanswered Question

I know Windows 7 is not supported yet, but I thought I would post;

It seems everytime I install the Call Connector on a client it's a challenge to get it working, well my new machine is no different. I either get the " unable to contact UCC server" , or "Can't find your Personal information".

I have verified with another PC that I can use the creds to get into the UCC server just fine. I have tried this as admin and a user on the PC with the same results, and made sure Windows Firewall is off.

I have tried different Passwords on the UCC server and CME, with the same results. I've un-installed and re-installed with the same results.

I guess an understanding of how the communication between CME and UCC Server would be helpful; you create a password for a user in CME, then import the ephones to UCC server, then add a user in UCC Server and give them a password; does this password have to match the one on CME?

Anyway I'm stumped now, and I know this works in Vista so it "should" work in 7.

Any help would be great

Bob James

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

I found a couple of things that fixed it;

I deleted my account in the UCC server, and re-ran the ephone "get" then created my account again. Once this was done I tested the client and noticed it got my contact information update, but Failed to acquire lines for me. I checked the services and found that the ccLocalCallController (for TAPI) was started and set to automatic (It installed it like this).

I changed it to manual and stopped the service, then tried the Call connector again and BAM! everything works; Outlook, IE, and the pop-up.

I hope this helps someone else and now back to Windows 7.....

Bob James

This Discussion