Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO goes offhook before the other end pickup

mohdashraq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the scenario is: Phone - CUCM4.2 - VG12.4(11)XW8 - FXO - PSTN.

the FXO goes offhook before the other party over the PSTN pickup the call, this indiscate the call start getting charged.

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using mgcp or h.323 ?

I am using H323, forgot to mention that

Then configure "plar opx".

its already configured for plar opx

Can you clarify if you are talking about incoming or outgoing calls from the CUCM.

this problem occur only for the outgoing calls.

CUCM has cannot influence in anyway about billing outgoing calls.

FXO must go off-hook in order to dial, and you should be billed only if remote answers.

appreciate your cooperation, the problem is that the FXO goes offhook before the remote party pickup the call, means the charging start even if the remote end doesn't answer.

What I'm trying to tell you, it is normal since the invention of telephone, that a calling FXO goes off-hook, as it is a necessary condition to dial.

For example, when you are home, you lift the handset (this means off-hook) and dial. If no answer, you hang-up (meaning you go on-hook) and are not billed.

So check again with your telco.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

I think im having the same issue but different

Basically I need to make an incoming call from the PSTN -> FXO port ring an inside IP phone but not go OFF-HOOK on the FXO until the IP Phone picks up. The customer wants to ring-no-answer after 5 seconds from the telco to another phone number on the PSTN.

Thanks!

Warner

Chicago IL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: