Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 2821 router with NME-X-23ES-1G-P module not recongnized

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

The router comes with IOS c2800nm-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-24.T. This router default with 2 x gigabit ports.

The sh ver shows 3 Gigabit ports the extra port from NME module.

The issue are as below

1. All the NME fast ethernet ports (Total 23 ) are not visible in the sh run command.IP phone connected has no power.

2. The Gigabit port visible also not supporting the POE. I confirmed it by connecting tht IP phone.

3.The new image compatible with the NME module c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-22.YB4 also UPLOADED but the result is same.

Please help how to make the module working with this router.

swami

8 Replies 8

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

please see the attachemnt.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your 2800 come equip with an extra/beefed-up internal power supply, aka AC-IP?

Dear ,

I could not understand your question.

Please explain it clearly.

I have to ask the customer once after your

info.

swami

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the part number 2821-AC-IP. This means that the 2821 has "AC power including inline power distribution capabilities".

Physically, if you look at the appliance's power switch, do you see a symbol of a telephone with the words "IP" written over it? If no, it's a normal 2821 that does not support PoE with the NME modules.

Dear,

I will check it and get back to you. Inmean

time I collected some info that the POST gives the below console while reloading the switch.

"POST: Inline Power feature is disabled on this switch'

This will give you more on this issue.

I will update you with the info you want from me.

swami

Dear,

I checked the part number that is 2821 only.Also there is no telephone symbol .

Please advice the final action.

swami

Look at the delivery documentations or the purchase order for the exact part number ordered. If it is only a plain 2821, then you'll need to purchase the extra power supply. Unfortunately, I have never seen the part number of the extra power supply and I'm not sure if Cisco will provide it. Talk to the authorized Cisco reseller for more information. The worst case scenario is to purchase the 2821-AC-IP router minus the module.

I hope someone can verify or correct me on this.

Dear,

Thanks for your info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/power_supplies/rps675/compatibility/0L3506.html.

This above URL gives the below

Cisco 2821 router -- 2 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, 4 WIC slots, and

1 NME-X/EVM7 -HD slot

Cisco 2821-AC-IP router -- 2 10/100/1000 PoE ports, 4 WIC slots, and

1 NME-X/EVM -HD slot

Here the second cisco2821-AC-IP support POE on 2 fixed ports (GI0/0,GI0/1)only.What about the NME module.

pLEASE correct me.

swami

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card